Full-time Road Crew Worker Wanted
PITTSTON TOWNSHIP, LUZERNE COUNTY is accepting applications for a full-time road worker. Job entails operating equipment, road maintenance and township property maintenance, snow plowing and maintenance of parks. Valid driver’s license required. Applications available at the Township Office, 421 Broad Street, Pittston, PA during regular office hours 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday thru Friday or by calling 570 654-0161. Applications accepted up to 10:00 AM on December 14, 2018. Individual must be part of the Random Drug Testing Program. A description of the general duties for this position is posted on the Township’s website http://pittstontownship.org
A review of the applications will be made by the Supervisors and selected applicants will be scheduled for an interview. Background checks will be made by the Township on any applicant considered for employment. Pittston Township is an equal opportunity employer.
John A. Bonita, CPA/Manager
This position reports to the Roadmaster and in his absence the Assistant Roadmaster.
- Individual must possess a valid PA driver’s license.
- Individual must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Individual must be able to follow written and oral directions.
- Individual must possess routine knowledge of vehicle and equipment operation methods.
- Individual must be able to work outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Individual must be able to drive and/or operate vehicles and equipment for an extended period of time.
- Individual must be able to operate the Township’s small tools and equipment.
- Individual must be able to climb ladders.
- Individual must be part of the Random Drug Testing Program.
- Individual will be expected to work at least 8 hours per day.
- Individual will be paid overtime for any hours worked over 40 hours per week as required by law.
- Individual will be covered by worker’s compensation insurance and any other legally mandated benefits and after the 90 day “initial employment period” will be covered by township employee benefits as stated in the employee handbook.
Examples of Work:
- Manual labor.
- Operate Township heavy equipment and vehicles.
- Paving and patching streets and related work.
- Cleaning clogged storm sewers.
- Snow plowing.
- Routine and preventative maintenance of Township vehicles and equipment.
- Mowing grass and related work.
8. Additional duties may be assigned from time to time.